Long Island FQHC, Inc.
Position Title: Registered Nurse
380 Nassau Road
Roosevelt, NEW YORK 11575
Contact Name: Chandni Singh
Contact Phone: 5165464237
Contact Fax: 516-546-4214
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
REPORTS TO: Nursing Manager
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Implements individualized patient care program within the health center.
- Actively demonstrates a working knowledge of nursing theory, techniques, principles, and practice in order to holistically care for the patient.
- Assesses the patient’s physiologic health status inclusive of:
- Conducting patient interviews, review of systems and assessing level of pain/pain management
- Determines coping mechanisms, knowledge level and ability to comprehend
- Communicates and documents patient’s physiologic health status and plan
- Identifies patient outcomes toward stated mutual goals
- Implements and evaluates the plan of care toward stated mutual goals
- Collaborates and/or follows up with physicians/providers and other health team members in planning and carrying out treatment regimes/interventions
- Provides supervision to the LPN and MA according to their Scope of Practice
- Provides direction to other members of the care team as needed
- Keeps accurate documentation of patient’s health history, patient’s treatments, activities and condition, as well as patient responses to medical and nursing intervention
- Monitors patient progress and identifies any changes in status, acting on those changes to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Administers and manages patient’s vaccines/immunizations
- Acts rapidly and effectively during any emergency situations
- Assists and instructs in patient and family teaching, health education and promotion and disease prevention.
- Makes referral as appropriate
- May assist in development of health improvement programs
- Will be knowledgeable and competent of all medical equipment utilized in the care of the patients.
- Identifies cultural/ethnic requirements to reduce anxiety and ensure patient satisfaction
- Contributes to his/her own professional learning needs, growth and development
- Performs related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience in healthcare preferably in progressive supervisory roles.
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York.
- Basic CPR (BCLS) Certification required along with Infection Control Certification.
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking, judgment, listening and interpersonal skills
- Cultural and linguistic sensitivity to populations served.
- Familiar with computers (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole preferred.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This is a non-exempt position.
*We are eligible for HRSA Loan Programs*
Compensation Range: BOE
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Nursing