Cornerstone Family Healthcare
Position Title: Lead Registered Nurse
147 Lake Street
Newburgh, NY 12550
Contact Name: Stephanie Hughes
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is currently searching for a Lead Nurse to provide oversight of the nursing and clinical care provided in our Pediatrics Department at our Community Health Center in Newburgh, NY.
Description of Duties:
- Provide supervision to the department’s Medical Assistants.
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing create, implement and supervise the new nurse orientation process.
- Ensure that nursing staff adhere to Cornerstone's nursing policies. Participates in Cornerstone’s Care Team Model including but not limited to
o Participates in Pre-Visit Planning (see Pre-Visit Planning Policy)
o Leads care team huddles/communication
o Directs population management activities for assigned patient panel
o Directs and participates in quality improvement activities within the care team and department.
- Provide specific nursing skills as indicated by medical provider and in accordance with NYS Registered Nurse scope of practice.
- Strictly adhere to safe nursing practice including but not limited to Infection Control, National Patient Safety Goals, Medication Management and Waived Testing set forty by Cornerstone's policy and in compliance with Joint Commission and OSHA.
- Ensure that Nursing and support staff remain current with screening duties and policies as per Cornerstone's policies and procedures.
- Complete daily assignments of nurses and medical assistants to providers and schedule lunch breaks, or assign a designee to said tasks.
- Ensure the staffs are maintaining supplies for daily business within the department, and rooms are stocked with all necessary equipment, supplies. Submission of requested supplies to the Purchasing Department for ordering by the designated deadline.
- Ensure that all pharmaceuticals, both stock and samples, are inventoried on a monthly basis to check for expiration dates and recalls.
- Ensure the DEPARTMENT PROXY in Centricity is addressed in a timely manor and is free of outstanding orders concerning laboratory follow up from the Providers.
- Answer and respond to nurse telephone calls including but not limited to screening patients, prescription refills, requests from hospitals and other agencies, and general patient requests.
- Responsible for carrying out Medical Providers orders for the following actions: EKG’s, Emergency response, medication administration not limited to Oral Medications, vaccinations, prescribed treatments and other procedures according to Provider orders, ensures that all CLIA waived testing performed on site has been quality controlled and logged in master QC book.
- Assists the Director of Nursing and Practice Manager in yearly nursing staff evaluations and periodic evaluations on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for coordinating care and providing patient education based upon their needs.
- Successful completion of accredited school of Nursing (BSN – AAS- Nursing)
- BLS Certification
- Minimum NYS Education Department Registered Nurse License
We offer a highly competitive salary/benefit package including top-notch group medical, dental and vision insurance | Long-term disability and Life Insurance | Generous Paid time off program | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance.
Please reply with a Cover Letter, current Resume and Salary Requirements
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a nonprofit community health center located in Newburgh, NY. Our mission is to provide affordable, quality healthcare services to our community.
Please submit a Cover Letter, Current Resume, and Salary Requirements to:
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Nursing