Cornerstone Family Healthcare
Position Title: Patient Services Representative
147 Lake Street
Newburgh, NY 12550
Contact Name: Stephanie Hughes
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
We are searching for a Patient Services Representative (PSR) to join our ever growing Health Center located in Newburgh, NY. The Patient Services Representative is responsible for performing general patient registration responsibilities and general office duties.
The position's home department will be in Newburgh, NY, but if coverage is needed, travel to other sites is required (including Highland Falls & New Windsor, NY). Mileage is reimbursed, but applicants must have reliable transportation.
Responsibilities of the PSR include:
- Registering all patients and collecting required documentation including creating a medical record for new patients including all necessary forms.
- Verifying insurance eligibility & PCP for each patient at every visit and accurately enter into the practice management system. Is knowledgeable about different types of insurance and their general rules (i.e. PPO/HMO and PCP/referral rules)
- Verifying all demographic and insurance information in the practice management system before printing the encounter and updates if necessary.
- Verifying scheduled appointments when a patient presents as an appointment/walk in to ensure that they still want/need other scheduled appointments.
- Collecting all copayments and visit payments at each visit at the time of registration.
- Scheduling appointments, changing appointments and canceling appointments as needed.
- Monitoring the patient waiting area and ensures that it is kept clean and orderly.
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills; greeting all patients promptly upon entering the patient waiting area, and responding promptly & appropriately to their requests.
- Using appropriate phone etiquette, treating all callers with courtesy and respect. Being attentive to all callers placed on hold and diligently monitors time spent on hold.
- Making appropriate referrals to the Patient Billing Coordinator for patients who cannot pay their copayment.
- Providing patients with information regarding specialty Dental referrals and assists with making appointments as needed.
- Monitoring DNKA’s (no show appointments) on a daily basis; logging all DNKA’s and sending appropriate notification to the patient notifying them that they have missed their appointment.
- Monitoring the Referral Log on a daily basis; following up on referrals from 30 days prior to ensure that the patient kept their referral appointment and that all consultation reports have been received.
- Being knowledgeable about the sliding fee scale and having the ability to communicate required documentation & requirements to patients.
- Actively participating in Patient Wait Time Studies and Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Ensuring that all required Studies/Surveys are submitted on a daily basis.
- Being knowledgeable about policies and procedures related to patient registration, documentation requirements and collection, HIPAA/Confidentiality and all other policies and procedures related to this position.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all aspects of the center including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality, financials, and employee relations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- At least 1 year clerical experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Pleasant telephone manner and ability to work under pressure
Applicants must have flexibility with their schedules.
Applicants who are fluently bilingual in English and Spanish will be strongly considered.
The starting salary for this position is $13.00 an hour with a raise to $13.50 after 90 days and ANOTHER raise to $14.00 an hour at the end of your first year! We also offer top-notch group medical, dental & vision insurance | Long-term disability and life insurance | Generous Paid time off program | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance guaranteed
**Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Cornerstone Family Healthcare!
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a nonprofit community health center located in Newburgh, NY. Our mission is to provide affordable, quality healthcare services to our community.
Please submit a Cover Letter, Current Resume, and Salary Requirements to:
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Front Office Support