Cornerstone Family Healthcare
Position Title: Substance Abuse Counselor - CASAC
3 Commerical Place
Newburgh, NY 12550
Contact Name: Stepahnie Hughes
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is in search of Substance Abuse Counselor to aide our Center for Recovery’s Joint Commission Accredited Center For Recovery in Newburgh, NY.
The purpose of the counselor is to provide case management, substance abuse counseling, and advocacy services to an assigned caseload. This counselor will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team to facilitate the client recovery and rehabilitation processes. These goals are accomplished by providing individual and group counseling, making interventions as needed and contributing to the healthy integrity of the program’s therapeutic environment.
Description of Duties:
- Provide case management and advocacy services to an assigned caseload.
- Participate in monitoring the therapeutic environment to ensure that the behavioral guidelines are followed, a therapeutic milieu is maintained and professional relationships remain positive.
- Provides psycho-education and counseling relevant to chemical dependency and relapse prevention.
- Participate in assessment screenings to determine client needs/preferences; formulates and implements treatment, transition and discharge /continuing care planning collaboratively with individual clients.
- Facilitates the re-socialization process of clients by serving as a role model.
- Conducts facility safety checks as assigned to visually assess clients for the use of alcohol/drugs or the environment of care for unsafe conditions.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high quality client records that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Works cooperatively with other staff as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Functions as a liaison/advocate to client’s families and other agencies as needed.
- Provides outreach, education and prevention services to the local community, schools, groups and agencies as necessary and as provided by management staff.
- Provides crisis intervention and management, generating referrals to agency or external mental health providers or other service providers, as indicated.
- Supports counseling staff by being available at all times for consultation, support and guidance.
- Provides role modeling for counselor regarding ethical and professional conduct.
- Provides leadership and direction for all counselors.
- Coordinates the annual Training Calendar for the OTP staff.
- LMSW, LMHC, or CASAC
- Basic computer skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in related field preferred
Benefits Include: We offer a highly competitive rate of pay of $19.23 - $21.98 an hour (depending on level of certification) and a benefit package including over 3 weeks of paid time off a year. We also provide Top-notch group medical, dental and vision insurance | Long-term disability and life insurance | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a nonprofit community health center located in Newburgh, NY. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable healthcare services to our community
Please submit a Cover Letter, Current Resume, and Salary Requirements to:
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Social Worker_Counselor