Bedford-Stuyvesant Family Health Center
Position Title: Medical Assistant
1456 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11216
County: Kings (Brooklyn)
Contact Name: Hiring Manager
Contact Phone: No Phone Calls
CHCANYS Member Info: CHCANYS – NYC
The Bedford-Stuyvesant Family Health Center is currently recruiting well-qualified candidates with at least 3-5 years’ experience providing general dentistry, preferably in a health center, to fill the following position: Medical Assistant (F/T — P/T)
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Medical Assistant works as part of a clinical care team to provide high quality dental care to a diverse patient population, to fulfill the following responsibilities in a high volume, multi-specialty practice Federally Qualified Health Center:
1. Prepares medical records and takes heights, weights, vital signs, and records same.
2. Prepares patients in the rooms to be seen by the physician.
3. Works closely with the physician in the examination of a patient, especially during an obstetrical and
4. Performs vision and hearing screenings and EKG's as assigned.
5. Collects specimens and check urines for ph, sugar and acetone , and urine pregnancy tests.
6. Prepares and maintains examination rooms fully supplied at all times.
7. Sterilizes instruments and ensure cleanliness and availability of other instruments as assigned.
8. Ascertains that lab and other reports are on records before each patient's appointment.
9. Leaves all rooms in an orderly manner at the end of each day.
10. Works in the lab with phlebotomist on a rotating basis.
11. Reads records before and after patient has been seen to ensure completeness of records.
12. Attends required meetings and case conferences.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be graduate of an approved Medical Assistant certificate program. Applicants must have at least 3-5 years of experience and have exceptional patient care and communication skills. Bilingual ability strongly preferred. Applicants must be easy going and enjoy working in a fast paced, high-volume, patient-centered team-based environment.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter stating desired hourly rate. Without a cover letter stating salary goals, you will not be considered.
WORK SCHEDULE/ SALARY/ BENEFITS
Full-time and part-time positions available. Some Evening hours may be required.
some Saturday & Sunday availability (up to 2 weekends/month) required
No Phone calls
Principals only—No recruiters or placement agencies.
The Bedford-Stuyvesant Family Health Center (BSFHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that serves all of the primary health care needs of families in the heart of Central Brooklyn. Our mission is: to provide the most professional, courteous and highest quality health care, with dignity, to those we serve, especially the underserved population, without regard for ability to pay. BSFHC’s medical headquarters–a new, 38,000 square foot facility on Brooklyn’s Fulton Avenue–is a Level II Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). We also operate the Broadway Family Health Center and four School-Based Health Centers to increase the accessibility and availability of quality primary and preventive physical and mental health care to pre-school, elementary, middle and secondary school students in high-risk areas of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Medical Assistant
Go Back | Send this page to a friend | Print this Page