Advantage Care Health Center
Position Title: Primary Care Physician
189 Wheatley Road
Brookville, NY 11545
Contact Name: Paulette Birong
Contact Phone: 516-686-4400x2397
Contact Fax: 516-686-4425
CHCANYS Member Info: Non-Member - Organizational
Primary Care Physician
- Medical degree conferred by an accredited college or university required.
- Board Certified and New York State licensure required.
- 24 Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (2 years).
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification.
- Relevant administrative experience in a teaching medical institution required. Familiarity serving persons with mental retardation, developmental delays or disabilities desirable.
- Five years management and supervisory experience required.
- Strong ability to support, lead and direct staff effectively to accomplish work place goals required.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulatory requirements required.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements preferred.
- National Provider Identifier
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- diagnoses and treats variety of diseases and injuries in general practice;
- examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment;
- orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition;
- analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition;
- administers or prescribes treatments and drugs;
- inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases;
- advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease;
- reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities as required;
- refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment;
- may make inpatient visits to attend to patients hospitalized in an affiliated institution;
- may conduct physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, participation in summer or recreational camp or eligibility for insurance coverage;
- serves on health care facility committees as required (e.g. Quality Assurance, Infection Control, Complaints Committee);
- ensures adherence to all applicable program statutes, regulations and appropriate insurance billing practices;
- ensures fulfillment of the health care facility’s commitment for ensuring quality care;
- performs other duties as requested by the Director of Medical Services and/or the Assistant Director of Medical Services.
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Physicians