Care for the Homeless
Position Title: Psychiatrist
30 East 33rd Street 5th FL
New York, NY 10016
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: HR
Contact Phone: 212-366-4459
Contact Fax: 212-462-2948
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Psychiatrist is responsible for providing care and treatment to the center’s patients.
As a member of the PCMH team, the Psychiatrist will perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations, assessing mental disorders and recommendation for treatment.
- Provides services in accordance with generally acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Develops a plan of treatment/care for the patient that also includes education and follow-up visits.
- Makes referrals, as indicated by the needs of the patient.
- Communicates with other health care providers related to diagnosis, treatment and plan for the patient either verbally and/or through documentation in the medical record.
- Maintains current and complete documentation in the medical record that reflects the care and services provided to the patient.
- Adheres to the center’s established policies and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the medical staff and adheres to the medical staff bylaws.
- Participates as a member of committees, as requested by the medical director.
- Provides supervision and consultation to staff psychiatric nurse practitioners/physician assistants as requested by the medical director.
- Participates in the on-call and emergency coverage schedule, as directed by the medical director.
Education & Experience
- Current license as a physician in New York State.
- Completion of an accredited residency program in the field of psychiatry
- Meets all of the requirements for appointment/reappointment as a member of the medical staff.
This position will require traveling between clinic sites (up to several per day) and CFH central office, as needed. CFH has office / clinic locations in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens and Manhattan.
Only one submission of your resume is required. Please do not send multiple submissions. Please send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject heading should be the position you're applying for. Electronic submissions must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Other