Care for the Homeless
Position Title: Licensed Psychotherapist
30 East 33rd Street 5th FL
New York, NY 10016
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: HR
Contact Phone: 212-366-4459
Contact Fax: 212-462-2948
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
This position is located at one or more of our clinical sites in the Bronx, Brooklyn or Queens.
Please submit your salary requirements with your cover letter and resume.
We highly encourage LMSW candidates to apply!
The Psychotherapist will provide direct psychotherapy and case management services to homeless clients, individuals and families that will address social, medical, mental health and substance abuse problems. Assist clients in setting goals that will promote stability and empower them.
This employee will work as part of the PCMH team with the following essential duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain a caseload of clients that need therapeutic intervention.
- Develop a comprehensive psychosocial assessment to identify and address client’s needs.
- Provide direct psychotherapy to clients and establish an individualized intervention/treatment plan or strategy to promote identified goals.
- Provide psychotherapy and case management, including individual counseling, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, advocacy, psychoeducation, coordination of services and appropriate follow-up on all referrals.
- Use cognitive behavioral, motivational interviewing, seeking safety and other client centered therapeutic interventions to counsel clients.
- Encourage and promote self management and provide assistance to build self management skills.
- Review clinical notes routinely to ensure that clients follow up is conducted as required.
- Provide advocacy for individual clients and families around benefits and entitlements.
- Utilize team approach, through regular collaboration with multidisciplinary staff and facilitate clients’ health care needs are sufficiently met.
- Maintain required documentation in EMR database (eCW) and update clients records in accordance with governmental and agency policy.
- Arrange for/escort clients when necessary to scheduled appointments.
- Participate in regular team meetings with both internal departments and external providers.
- Participate in regular supervision, team meetings, case conferences and staff trainings.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, to include evenings, weekends and Holidays.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other related field required.
- Actively Licensed in state of New York as a Master or Clinical Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)
- Minimum 3-5 years post graduate social work experience
- Experience dealing with homeless, mentally ill and substance abuse populations preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to work in non-traditional settings.
- Must be able to commute in all 5 boroughs of NYC as necessary.
- Strong leadership and clinical skills.
- Strong relationship building skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills necessary.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and follow-up on a timely basis.
- Strong computer skills required including Word and Excel.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Only one submission of your resume is required. Please do not send multiple submissions. Please send cover letter with resume to email@example.com. The subject heading should be the position you're applying for. Electronic submissions must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Social Worker_Counselor