Care for the Homeless-Susan's Place Shelter
Position Title: Director of Social Services, LCSW
1921 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
Contact Name: HR
Contact Phone: 718-943-1340
Contact Fax: 212-462-2948
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Provide leadership, supervisory and clinical intervention while engaging homeless women with appropriate concern for their social, mental health, substance abuse and medical issues in order to promote client stability and empower them to reach their fullest potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the Case Management Supervisors.
- Facilitate clinical, educational, supportive and/or recreational groups.
- Perform internal audits of charts to support quality assurance practices.
- Complete performance evaluations for direct reporting staff and develop goals that promote professional development.
- Participate in client related conferences.
- Conduct rounds throughout the facility regularly during shift to assess clients’ interactions, address any client conflicts and attend to clinical needs.
- Provide crisis intervention and utilize non-violent resolution techniques to deter conflicts among clients.
- Work in collaboration with the other members of the Susan’s Place Management to assess program progress and develop new policies and procedures.
- Assess and oversee client matters that warrant emergency response services and represent the agency in communicating to EMS, NYPD, FDNY to effectively communicate client’s clinical needs and issues of concern.
- Establish communication with the clinic to ensure that clients are keeping appointments.
- Collaborate with internal staff to monitor clients’ medication compliance and address episodes of non-adherence.
- Use motivational interviewing and seek safety modalities to counsel clients to improve overall functioning.
- Maintain required documentation in charts and in CARES.
- Assist with clients’ transfers into other transitional shelters or independent living.
- Participate in team meetings, regular supervision, and staff training.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
- License Clinical Social Work is required.
- Supervisory experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience dealing with homeless, mentally ill and substance abuse population.
- Strong clinical and program development skills required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Only one submission of your resume is required. Please do not send multiple submissions. Please send cover letter with resume to email@example.com. The subject heading should be the position you're applying for. Electronic submissions must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Social Worker_Counselor