Long Island FQHC, Inc.
Position Title: Family Practice Physician
380 Nassau Road
Roosevelt, NY 11575
Contact Name: Chandni Singh
Contact Phone: 516-546-4237
CHCANYS Member Info: CHCANYS – NYC
JOB TITLE: Family Practitioner
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
- Provides comprehensive medical care to patients from 6 months and older in ambulatory care settings.
- Provides consultations by examining patients; reviewing medical records, reports, and logs; researching information and developing conclusions and care recommendations.
- Adheres to professional standards, practice policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Works as a team player assisting other staff providers with developing diagnosis and patient treatment options.
- Prescribes or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury.
- Orders, performs and interprets test and analyze records, reports and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Obtain and maintain hospital privileges at Nassau University Medical Center in order to provide care for LIFQHC patients in the hospital setting.
- Records and maintains patient information such as medical history, reports and examination results.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and progress and re-evaluation treatments as necessary.
- Reviews health risk assessments (HRA’s) to help determine a plan of care.
- Explains procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Refers patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Participates in LEAN and other activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary patient-centered medical home approach for the care of pediatric patients.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State.
- Board certified or board eligible status.
- At least 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to other sites for coverage as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole/French required.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This is an exempt position.
TO APPY: Please forward cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Compensation Range: 380 Nassau Road
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Physicians