Lasante Health Center
Position Title: RN
672 Parkside Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11226
County: Kings (Brooklyn)
Contact Name: Moshe Posner
Contact Phone: (718) 246-5700
Contact Fax: (718) 246-5750
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Lasante Health Center is seeking a dynamic and energetic Registered Nurse to join our brand new Article 28 D&TC in East Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Performs and accurately records patient’s chief complaints, medical history, screening tests, vital signs, vision, hearing, EKG and Spiro for patients of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- Assists providers with examinations, diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
- Patient-centric with empathy, excellent active listening and communication skills, engaging and efficient.
- Documents necessary information on patient’s electronic record, including copies of all referrals and medical forms.
- Updates the practice management information system and electronic medical record documentation with all necessary clinical information for each patient prior to the end of business day in compliance with TJC standards.
- Participates in patient counseling and education activities related to primary health care, such as HIV/STD prevention and treatment, child/adult health maintenance, prenatal and family planning.
- Performs simple laboratory procedures including but not limited to rapid strep test, urinalysis, pregnancy screening, hemoglobin A1C, blood glucose monitoring and venipuncture. Records and reports results appropriately
- Performs the collection and labeling of laboratory specimens, including blood, stool and urine specimens.
- Reinforces patient/family/significant others teachings that have been initiated by professional staff.
- Maintains strict confidentiality while having access to printed and electronic files containing sensitive information, which must be protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Protects information from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Currently licensed/registered by the state of New York as a Registered Nurse
- Two plus years’ experience in ambulatory care
- Flex time as some evening and weekend hours will be required
- eClincalWorks or other EHR experience
- Bilingual in English and Haitian Creole
- Focused on collaborative team-based care
- Comfortable working in a high accountability environment; receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Passionate about providing high quality care to low-income, underserved residents and those lacking access to health care
Lasante Health Center is a brand new Article 28 D&TC facility located at 672 Parkside Avenue in East Flatbush section of Brooklyn, NY. We will offer: Primary Medical Care including OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, and Medical Social Services.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation Range: Competitive
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: No Travel
Job Type: Nursing