Community Health Care Association of NYS - Clinical Quality Improvement Project Manager - NYC
Position Title: Clinical Quality Improvement Project Manager - NYC
New York, NY 10006
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Human Resource
Contact Phone: N/A
Contact Fax: 212-279-3851
CHCANYS Member Info: CHCANYS – NYC
Clinical Quality Improvement Project Manager
Location: New York City
CHCANYS is seeking Clinical Quality Improvement Project Managers to join their Quality Improvement (QI) Team which serves New York State’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) as a resource hub of primary care transformation and quality improvement (QI) training and technical assistance. The QI Program cultivates and supports FQHC adoption of innovative clinical, dental, and behavioral health best practices, with the goal of data driven transformation of care at the patient, provider, organizational and community levels.
The Clinical Quality Improvement Project Manager will have the primary responsibility of facilitating key QI projects at community health centers throughout New York State and leading clinical and quality improvement activities with broad relevance to the community health centers. This position will be based out of CHCANYS’ New York City or Albany, NY office, with travel throughout New York State as required.
- Assume the lead role for assigned statewide Quality Improvement projects, including all aspects of the planning, coordination, execution and evaluation of activities relevant to the project(s), such as:
- Recruitment of participant health centers and community partners.
- Preparation of training and educational materials.
- Serve as the primary contact and relationship/administrative project manager for participating health centers and external collaborative partners.
- Facilitation of on-site and remote coaching sessions, trainings, webinars, collaborative calls, etc. to support QI projects
- Conduct health center assessments to identify areas of strength and areas in need of development around data quality, clinical performance measures and outcomes, work flows and organizational QI capacity.
- Work intensively with participant health centers to foster an organizational systems approach to QI; develop QI and health information technology capacity to promote data quality and engage in data driven change; promote practice transformation through implementation of best practices and practice guidelines, team-based care, care management and care coordination, patient self-management support, etc.
- Aggregate and analyze project level qualitative and quantitative data for reporting purposes to participating health centers, funders and CHCANYS staff.
- Participation in evaluation of project impact and refinement.
- Provide general support and technical assistance to health centers around clinical practice transformation, including such programs as NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use (MU), NYS’s Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program, NYS’s Prevention Agenda, and FQHC Accreditation support (clinical, quality assurance and quality improvement requirements).
- Apply knowledge and expertise and develop professional relationships relevant to clinical, policy, public health and clinical practice transformation:
- Identify new partner opportunities to support delivery of services within CHCANYS and health centers.
- Serve as a CHCANYS representative externally (meetings, advisory committees, partner collaborations, etc.) and internally (CHCANYS clinical committee and sub-committees).
- Contribute to the development of expert knowledge on quality improvement frameworks (i.e., Care Models, Model for Improvement/ Breakthrough, Lean Six Sigma, etc.), strategies on leading change and priority, and emerging clinical and public health topics relevant to FQHC’s and clinical practice transformation (PCMH, DSRIP, MU).
- Support the planning, coordination, and execution of activities and meetings related to CHCANYS' clinical, educational, public health and other related events (such as CHCANYS’ Annual Conference).
- Conduct other duties as assigned to fulfill CHCANYS’s mission
- Master’s degree (MPH, MPA, MSN, MSW, MA, etc.) in health sciences or related field.
- At least three years relevant experience in Clinical Quality/Performance Improvement and project management. Knowledge of and interest in community health and primary care practice environments. Experience in or with a FQHC a plus.
- Solid relationship building and interpersonal skills: !
- Strong communication, presentation and training/meeting facilitation skills !
- Excellent writing, research, analytical skills ! Ability to motivate and drive change !
- Ability to support health centers and manage partner relationships remotely.
- Ability to generate, analyze and report data to drive improvement.
- High degree of professional maturity, commitment to excellence, independence, flexibility, initiative and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse and varied individuals, teams and populations both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of the time throughout NYS and within the 5 boroughs of NYC; valid driver’s license required.
- Electronic health record (EHR) experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirement to:
email@example.com or send to:
Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS)
111 Broadway, Suite 1402, New York, NY 10006
Att: Human Resources
Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. CHCANYS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination.
Compensation Range: n/a
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Program Management