Joseph Addabbo Family Health Center, Inc
Position Title: WIC Nutritionist
6200 Beach Channel Drive
Arverne, ny 11692
Contact Name: Carolina Manzueta
Contact Phone: 718-945-7150 ext 1317
Contact Fax: 718-945-2596
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
- Certification of WIC participants in accordance with USDA regulations and the New York State Plan, as well as with Local Agency Procedure.
- Provide individual and group nutrition education to WIC participants which includes basic and secondary contact mandated in WIC regulations.
- Assessment of nutritional status and nutritional needs of WIC participants.
- Assist to develop and/or update the Local Agency Nutrition Education and Outreach plan, annually.
- Identification of nutrition education needs of participants.
- Screen and identify High-Risk participants. Provide individual counseling. Documentation of a Nutrition care plan (according to SOAP) for all High-Risk participants in the WIC Program.
- Prescription of food packages according to the nutritional needs of participant.
- Submission and completion of certification forms to BDCR.
- Compile and develop educational materials to be utilized during nutrition consultations and/or group nutrition education classes.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of child and maternal health nutrition. Utilize current knowledge in daily education of WIC participants.
- Keep abreast of current program policies and procedures. (Federal, State, and Local Agency level.)
- Responsible for all record keeping associated with Nutrition Education.
- Follow-up on Nutrition Education goals.
- Conduct annual WIC participant survey.
- Conduct annual Nutrition Education Expenditure Report.
- Participate in outreach activities.
Summary of benefits:
- Excellent Compensation
- Pay-Time-Off- Sick, Vacation, Holidays, Personal accruals
- Union Membership with medical/dental/ vision and a pension plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics
- One year experience
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Nutritionist