Heritage Health and Housing, Inc.
Position Title: Case Manager
416 West 127th Street
New York, NY 10027
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jamela Irvin
Contact Phone: (212) 866-2600
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
The Case Manager will provide direct services to residents of programs who are seriously and persistently mentally ill single adults. These individuals may have a co-occurring substance abuse diagnosis, HIV/AIDS, and others who for various reasons are at the risk of homelessness. Assist residents in increasing their capacity to live as independently as possible and become an active part of the local community. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
KEY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide case management/advocacy services to assigned caseload.
- Provide counseling to residents.
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups.
- Participate as a member of a multiple disciplinary treatment team to help facilitate the recovery process of clients by providing individualized care.
- Develop Restorative Services/Support Plans with residents.
- Escort clients to scheduled/walk-in appointments and program services.
- Maintain accurate and updated case records documenting client’s progress in treatment and response to treatment services in accordance with the programs record keeping policy and procedures.
- Develop clients discharge plan in conjunction with the Program Director/Assistant Program Director, Social Worker, Behavioral Specialist, client, family, referral sources and other community base agencies to which the client may be referred for continuing care.
- Participate in outside meetings as assigned and provide feedback of information helpful to the operation and service delivery.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings/In-Service trainings, case conferences and individual supervisory meetings.
- Provide regular home visits to assist clients with building ADL skills in preparation of obtaining independence.
- Submit timely Medicaid billing as applicable to program.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience and knowledge of the homeless, mentally ill, MICA and HIV/AIDS population preferred. Knowledge of entitlements and HRA 2010E a plus. Must have continuing ability to work as a member of the team providing housing and services to a special needs population.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. At least six months to two years experience in Case Management preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Willingness to work with individuals who are Persistently Mentally Ill, Homeless and diagnosed with HIV/AIDS.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) ability is a plus and experience in the Mental Health field.
Please send coverletter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Social Worker_Counselor