Apicha Community Health Center
Position Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
New York, New York 10013
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Jun Matsuyoshi
Contact Phone: 212-334-6029
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Position Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Reports to: Director of Mental Health Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Conduct psychosocial assessment, assign diagnosis according to DSM 5 and ICD 10, create treatment plan, and implement treatment plan with patients in Primary Care clinic.
- Complete charting in EMR and concurrent documentation as well as all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist patients with any other needs, including referrals for specialized mental health services
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team; attend team/clinic/agency meetings.
- Participate in the development and review of clinic mental health policies and procedures
- Practice within the scope of license, training and credentialing, and in accordance with current standards of care and quality criteria adopted by the clinic and the NYSDOH.
- Participate in quality improvement and program evaluation initiatives.
- Participate in patient recruitment activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient care and agency operations at all times.
- Work with support and administrative staff in a positive, constructive manner.
- Produce required reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Maintain license to provide mental health services in New York State, LCSW with R privilege preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of MSM/LGBTQI issues.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in multicultural setting.
- Ability to work with Limited English Proficient populations and interpretation support.
- Familiarity with immigrant issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; ability to enter data accurately.
- Familiarity with e Clinical Works (eCW) preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening(s).
- Ability to be personable in person and over the phone.
- Ability to engage patients in mental health treatment.
- Ability to take public transportation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within a hierarchical organizational structure.
- Fluency in an Asian language(s) or Spanish preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter (including minimum salary requirements), and three references to Jun Matsuyoshi, LCSW, Director of Mental Health Services, via email at email@example.com. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please. Emails without cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
APICHA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.
Compensation Range: 70K - 80K
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Social Worker_Counselor