Community Healthcare Network
Position Title: Medical Director
36-11 21st Street
Long Island City, New York 11106
Contact Name: Libby
Contact Phone: 2125452461
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Our clinic Medical Director is responsible for assuming leadership in clinical care at CHN Centers supervising other providers and the clinical team, and with the Medical Affairs staff to managing clinical operations at CHN. The Medical Director of Long Island City Health Center works with the leadership of the center in building the practice at the center and evaluates the quality of patient care.
Essential Functions of our Medical Director:
- Provides comprehensive Primary Care medical services to patients in accordance with CHN clinical policies and procedures at a specified center on a regularly assigned schedule.
- Supervises the center's Primary Care providers as assigned by the Director of Primary Care (physicians, NPs, and CNMs).
- Collaborates with the Practice Administrator and Nurse Manager in all aspects of center clinical operations.
- Assures that center providers, nurses and laboratory staff adhere to CHN policies and procedures in the delivery of care.
- Reviews administrative and clinical policies and procedures annually to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and proposes changes and new policies to Medical Affairs leadership.
- Represents the voice of the providers to Medical Affairs leadership and conversely serves as the voice of Medical Affairs leadership at the center levels.
- Champions Quality Improvement programs at both the center and network levels.
- Collaborates with Department Directors and Director of Nursing on network-wide initiatives.
- Oversees any center clinical research.
- Actively participates in weekly center leadership meetings, regular clinical staff meetings and monthly CHN Providers meetings.
- Oversees the chart audit process and maintains a peer review process at the assigned center.
- Works with the Medical Affairs central office to ensure new staff are trained and oriented to CHN.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients and CHN staff as appropriate, with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Participates in continuing education and maintains credentials as required.
- Participates in committees and conducts other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with:
- Performance evaluations
- Employee Health service
- Center/Department orientation of new employees
- Medical degree from an approved Medical School
- Current New York City license to practice medicine
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Completion of residency training from an approved residency program with board-certification in good standing
- Successful completion of the CHN credentialing process
- Able to obtain hospital admitting privileges
- Interest in and conviction of purpose and aims for all programs of CHN
#communityhealth #NHSC #familymedicine #familyphysician
What You Will Gain
•Join a dynamic, supportive & integrated team enviornment
•Be at forefront of integrated patient care
•Monies towards Continuing Education credits
•Excellent benefits and PTO package
•Eligibility for FQHC awarded loan forgiveness
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please email your CV to Ldisesa@chnnyc.org.
Compensation Range: 60 Madison Avenue, Floor 5
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: No Travel
Job Type: Physicians