Advantage Care Health Center
Position Title: Psychiatrist
189 Wheatley Road
Brookville, NY 11545
Contact Name: Paulette Birong
Contact Phone: 516-686-4400x2397
Contact Fax: 516-686-4425
CHCANYS Member Info: Non-Member - Organizational
Seeking an experienced Psychiatrist for the direction, maintenance and care of individuals receiving psychiatric services:
- diagnoses and treats patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders;
- organizes data concerning patient's family, medical history, and onset of symptoms obtained from patient, relatives, and other sources;
- examines patient to determine general physical condition, following standard medical procedures;
- orders laboratory and other special diagnostic tests and evaluates data obtained;
- determines nature and extent of mental disorder, and formulates treatment program;
- treats or directs treatment of patient, utilizing variety of psychotherapeutic methods and medications;
- participates in meetings and case conferences as needed;
- confers with professional staff, other agencies or referral sources and other physicians regarding the care and treatment of individuals receiving psychiatric services;
- provides intervention to collateral individuals as needed;
- ensures adherence to all applicable program statutes, regulations and appropriate insurance billing practices;
- ensures annual fulfillment of the health care facility’s commitment for ensuring quality care.
- Medical degree conferred by an accredited college or university required.
- Board Certification and New York State licensure required.
- 24 Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (2 years).
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification.
- Five years experience treating persons with mental retardation, developmental delays or disabilities required.
- Strong ability to support the Medical Director to provide excellent quality of care to patients required.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements required.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulatory requirements required.
- National Provider Identifier.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Advantage Care Health Center provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants, with employment based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic disposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Apply online at www.advantagecaredtc.org
Compensation Type: Salary
Job Type: Physicians