Certified Medical Assistant
The CMA performs any combination of following duties under direction of physician to assist in examination and treatment of patients.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Measure vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure) including height, weight and records information in EMR;
- Interviews patients;
- Completes prior authorization of medications;
- Secures past medical/psychiatric data including medication profiles;
- Operate electronic electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls a medical facility to schedule patients for tests;
- Administer treatments, and perform routine laboratory tests;
- Indexing, faxing, scanning, email, make calls;
- Assist in developing and implementing desensitization programs;
- Participate in meetings or case conferences, coordinates care/pre-visit planning for MDs;
- Provide educational support to patients and direct care professionals on behalf of patient;
- Process forms (i.e. SS, guardianship, camp, etc.);
- Oversees provider desktops, portal folders and secure messaging;
- Sends phone notes and completion of order reports;
- Performs all other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- CMA from an accredited training institution.
- Basic Life Support Certification/AED Certification.
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills required.
- Certified in Phlebotomy required.
- Prior experience coordinating activities of a busy medical office or health care center, required.
- Proficient in computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR).