Betances Health Center
Position Title: Physician Assistant
280 Henry Street
New York, NY 10002
County: New York (Manhattan)
Contact Name: Human Resources Department
Contact Phone: 2122278401
Contact Fax: 2122278842
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Betances Health Center is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our amazing team.
- Provide direct patient care to Betances patients’;
- Conduct pre-visit planning meeting with care team members prior to appointment utilizing visit planning sheet, recent test results and correspondences to determine needed services as per practice protocol.
- Adhere to documentation and quality standards set by new York State and any other standards implemented by the Medical Director;
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with back-up hospital and its professionals;
- Timely completion of patient electronic medical record (EMR) including coding and patient care forms;
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and x-rays, and make diagnoses and treatment plan;
- Collaborate and receive or provide supervision with other physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician and Medical Assistants and students as assigned by the Medical Director;
- Coordinate care with disease management or case management programs/providers.
- Provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services;
- Provide instruction, education and guidance regarding medical matters to the patient and/or family.
- Provide visit summary to the patient and/or family.
- Maintain active license and credentials;
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among patients and staff; maintain strict confidentiality concerning all patients and employee information;
- Enforce clinic policies and procedures to ensure that the principles of Betances are implemented;
- Participate in outreach activities, agency advocacy, and serve on ad hoc committees, as requested by Medical Director or designee;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Medical Director or designee.
Licenses and Certification
Must be a NYS licensed Physician Assistant in good standing with all regulatory agencies
2-5 years’ experience in an ambulatory care setting with diverse population
Knowledge of or ability to learn Electronic Medical Records
Demonstrated ability to motivate, supervise, train and work respectfully as a collaborative member of a team
Qualified candidates, please forward resumes to Human Resources with salary requirements. Fax to (212) 227-8842 or email email@example.com
Compensation Range: 280 Henry St, Betances Health Center
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Nurse Practitioner_Physician’s Assistant