Community Healthcare Network
Position Title: Family Nurse Practitioner - Regional Manager
1187 Nostrand Avenue
Brooklyn, NY - New York 11225
County: Kings (Brooklyn)
Contact Name: Libby
Contact Phone: 2125452461
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Our Brooklyn Regional APN Manager will act in a leadership role in educating and mentoring the newer advanced practice nurses within CHN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (specific to Regional APN Manager):
- Mentor to NPs /CNMs, will cover the sites in Brooklyn (East New York, Crown Heights, Williamsburg).
- Will review new graduate APN’s (Less than 1 year) charts every 2 weeks first month then every month for 5 months (10 charts each) and discuss with ANP
- Will be accessible via cell phone to answer clinical questions for new graduates
- Teach portion of fellowship classes in didactic portion of NP fellowship
- Assist in building content/classes for mini residencies (Pediatrics, HIV, TG, Prenatal) for current NPs and CNMs
- NP/CNM student preceptor
- Help with Orientation of new hires
- Obtains and/or reviews/evaluates a patient’s medical and psychosocial history.
- Performs complete comprehensive physical examination.
- Performs screening procedures including Pap Smears, GC cultures, Chlamydia tests and Wet preps.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their
- confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs routine interim physical examinations on patients that are risk specific, and as outlined
- in the agency’s Medical Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Evaluates individual patients and prescribes appropriate medications, treatments, referrals as
- indicated in the Policies & Procedures Manual and/or is consistent with current standards of
- Provides continuous care to patients and management of common and important clinical
- problems encountered in a primary care setting.
- Makes referrals to appropriate sources/consultants for medical and/or social problems.
- Participates in patient education and counseling services, especially about family planning,
- STD’S/HIV, preventive health and nutrition.
- Interprets laboratory data. Reviews and initials all lab reports; orders appropriate/additional lab tests and referrals or follows up as indicated.
- Current NYS license as Family Nurse Practitioner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRES:
- A minimum of three years experience as Family Nurse Practitioner, referred HIV training and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in and conviction of purpose and aims for all programs in the Agency
- Respect for the rights of individuals to make their own decisions about family planning, etc.
Bilingual Spanish a plus!
Please send your CV to Ldisesa@chnnyc.org.
Compensation Range: 115,000+
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Nurse Practitioner_Physician’s Assistant