Advantage Care Health Center
Position Title: Family Nurse Practicitioner
189 Whealtey Road
Brookville, NY 11545
Contact Name: Paulette Birong
Contact Phone: 516-686-4400x2397
Contact Fax: 516-686-4425
CHCANYS Member Info: Non-Member - Organizational
The Family Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the daily activities of the health care facility related to patient primary medical care and treatment under the direction of the CMO. Coordinates and oversees the provision of medical services to adults and children. Ensures the provision of in-service education to staff. Works with CMO and Assistant Director to ensure provision of quality care and services.
- provides general primary medical care and treatment to adults and children in the health care facility under the direction of physician;
- performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician;
- orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs;
- records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition;
- discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan;
- coordinating services of the center with the services of community health facilities and programs, and community social agencies;
- submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician;
- prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures;
- may refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment;
- provides oversight and direction in scheduling follow-up patient care;
- serves as a member of the Quality Assurance, Infection Control and other committees as deemed appropriate;
- in conjunction with the Director, Assistant Director and Records Manager develops medical record policies and procedures, according to professional standards, legal/regulatory requirements and the health care facility’s goals. Participates in the oversight and direction regarding appropriate chart documentation through regular interaction and communication with medical providers. Participates in establishing procedures to optimize the handling of medical records and related documents, including development of forms and reports;
- in collaboration with the Director of Medical Services, facilitates review of employee records to ensure that medical information is current;
- monitors the adequacy and appropriateness of clinical supplies and equipment.
- orders clinical supplies as indicated;
- in collaboration with the Director of Medical Services, develops and/or coordinates the provision of inservice education to all health care center staff.
- Nursing degree conferred by an accredited college or university required. Masters level preferred.
- New York State licensure required.
- 24 Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (2 years).
- Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification.
- Three years’ experience treating persons with developmental delays or disabilities recommended.
- Strong ability to support the Medical Director to provide excellent quality of care to patients required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR), required
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements required.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulatory requirements required.
- Proficient in computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish).
Advantage Care Health Center provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants, with employment based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic disposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
apply online at www.advantagecaredtc.org
or contact Paulette Birong at:PBirong@advantagecaredtc.org
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: No Travel
Job Type: Nurse Practitioner_Physician’s Assistant