Cornerstone Family Healthcare
Position Title: Certified Medical Assistant
147 Lake Street
Newbrugh, NY 12550
Contact Name: Stephanie Hughes
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is in search of a Medical Assistant to join our main facilities located in Newburgh and New Windsor NY.
Travel coverage to other sites may be required (including Highland Falls & New Windsor, NY). Mileage is reimbursed, but applicants must have reliable transportation.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse / Practical Nurse:
- Perform screening procedures and documentation in accordance with Cornerstone's policies and in compliance with Joint Commission and OSHA.
- Identify potential problems, alert the RN or Practice Manager.
- Participates in Cornerstone's Care Team Model including, but not limited to:
- Participates in Pre-Visit Planning.
- Participates in care team huddles/communication.
- Assists with population management activities for assigned patient panel.
- Directs and participates in quality improvement activities within the care team and department.
- Refer phone and walk-in triage to Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Strictly adhere to safe nursing practice including but not limited to Infection Control, National Patient Safety Goals, and Waived Testing set forth by Cornerstone's policy and in compliance with Joint Commission and OSHA.
- Assist providers with in-office procedures and exams as needed.
- Perform hearing and vision screenings on children and adults.
- Repsonsible for performing and following actions: EKG's, all POCT included, but not limited to: Rapid HIV, Rapid HEP C, Rapid Influenza, Urine Dip (UA, HCG), Finger-sticks (Hemoglobin, Lead, Glucose, HbA1c, PT/INR).
- Strictly adhere to safe practice guidelines including but not limited to Infection Control, National Patient Safety Goals, and Waived Testing set forth by Cornerstone's policy and in compliance with Joint Commission and OSHA.
- Medical Assistant Certification
- BLS or CPR Certification
- Proficiency in Spanish is a huge plus
We offer a competitive salary, top-notch group medical, dental & vision insurance | Long-term disability and life insurance | Generous Paid time off program | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance.
Cornerstone Family Healthcare is a nonprofit community health center located in Newburgh, NY. Our mission is to provide affordable, quality healthcare services to our community
Please Sumbit a Cover Letter and Current Resume to:
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Type: Medical Assistant