Morris Heights Health Center
Position Title: Grants & Contracts Manager
85 W Burnside Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
Contact Name: Yvette Woodley
Contact Phone: 7184831206
Contact Fax: 7182940783
CHCANYS Member Info: Member - Organizational
GRANTS & CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
The Grants Administrator is a critical role in a fast-changing and growing organization. Under the supervision of MHHC’s Senior Director of Planning, the Grants Administrator has two major responsibilities: 1) Oversee and manage grant compliance for 20+ grants already awarded to MHHC from federal, state, city and private sources. This includes ensuring accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on all grants, including governmental grants. 2) Work closely with program staff and senior leaders to respond to funding opportunities by supporting, and in some cases, being the team lead on the development of grant proposals from major public and/or private sources.
The Grants Administrator works closely with program and development staff and senior leaders to manage a $20M grants portfolio, ensure organizational effectiveness and compliance, help set relevant policies and provide technical assistance as required.
We are seeking an individual with a strong track record of success and exceptional writing skills. This individual will have robust collaboration and problem-solving skills and will provide seasoned guidance on compliance issues as well as key financial and operational best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the resident expert on grant compliance and interpretation of grant requirements and all applicable regulations, policies and procedures. Interpret applicable regulations and translate into operational policies as required, including developing tracking and monitoring systems that will allow quick access to grants data and current status of specific grants for reporting purposes and high profile presentations
- Use the existing public grant management systems in place to monitor awards, provide grant reports, maintain grant compliance, and renew (competitively or non-competitively) existing grants. This includes learning the use of DHHS’s Grants.gov platform, HRSA’s Electronic Hand Book (EHB), New York State’s Grants Gateway, and Contract Management System, and New York City’s HHS Accelerator;
- Provide on-going training to program staff as it relates to grant administration and organizational policies related to successful and accurate spend down of grant dollars
- Work closely with program and finance staff to ensure regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annual reports) are completed and accurately reflect the work done to meet program deliverables and contract requirements
- Develop and maintain basic grant tracking systems and databases and communicate appropriately with department staff concerning policies and procedures and updates
- Research grant funding opportunities on a weekly basis and assess organizational feasibility to apply for funds that align with the organization’s mission and strategic direction (as determined by the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership)
- Serve as the primary administrator for new and current grants and forge positive relationships with funding sources (project officers, grant managers) such that the organization is always positioned as expert programmers and outstanding grant administratorProposal Development
- Work with the VP of Fund Development, Planning and External Affairs and Senior Director of Planning to plan, manage, and update the calendar of proposals and reports for the entire year (or established period of time) and initiate prospecting efforts to identify and research new opportunities
- Lead groups of Program and Clinical colleagues to identify grant opportunities, define the needs that must be addressed from a variety of perspectives; establish priorities; plan and monitor the resulting work that must be completed
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating our mission and programs to potential funders
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, logic models, budgets and assorted attachments as required
- Communicate effectively with public and private grant-making entities to respond to any questions or concerns with submitted proposals and provide quick and accurate responses to queries without jeopardizing the opportunity to be funded
- Bachelor's degree and at least (3) years of relevant experience in development, grant writing, project management and prospect research required
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized professional with the ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment; Ability to think and problem-solve creatively
- Excellent writing, analytical and prospect research skills are essential; A communicator with presence who can align and influence various stakeholders with the demonstrated ability to craft funding proposals in a succinct and compelling manner; Must have a clear understanding of budgets as they relate to grants.
- A high level of computer literacy and experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial and philanthropic information required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Writing samples of successful grant or marketing proposals and a recap of demonstrated accomplishments must be provided for consideration
- Master’s level degree highly desired
- Government RFP writing experience a plus
- Nonprofit or philanthropic experience
- Ability to provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training and experience
Since 1981, Morris Heights Health Center (MHHC) has had a record of distinction as the major provider of health care to Morris Heights and its surrounding areas in the Bronx. We've provided quality primary healthcare services to all members of the community, including the medically, socially and economically disadvantaged - from medical and dental services to counseling.
Morris Heights Health Center offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families. Our benefits coverage includes medical insurance, dental insurance, a prescription-drug plan, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time-off, and tuition reimbursement. In addition to the non-contributory profit-sharing plan, employees are encouraged to participate in our pre-tax savings plan.
MHHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which MHHC has facilities. Visit our website: www.mhhc.org.
Please e-mail your resume to Yvette Woodley -email@example.com
Compensation Range: commensurate with experience
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: No Travel
Job Type: Development_Grant Writing