Health Center Network of New York
Position Title: Health Informatics Analyst
103 Woerner Ave
Liverpool, NY 13088
Contact Name: Lisa Szymaszek
Contact Phone: 5184874866
CHCANYS Member Info: Non-Member - Organizational
Position Announcement: Health Informatics Analyst
Location: Remote Position, Northeastern US
Since 2007 the Health Center Network of New York (HCNNY) has been serving Community Health Centers across the Eastern United States to increase their effectiveness in information management. As a member driven organization, HCNNY seeks to advance the information management capabilities of the health centers it serves through collaborative initiatives and shared learning to deliver efficient evidence based care to vulnerable men, women and children in order to create healthier communities.
HCNNY provides coaching, technical assistance and informatics services that are positively impacting the lives of more than 570,000 patients served across 22 Community Health Centers. Through our services we enable member organizations to focus on providing quality care to the communities they serve using advanced health information technology that supports rather than hinders their work. For additional information, please, visit www.hcnny.org. The organization has successfully managed its operations since inception without relying on traditional brick and mortar office space, fielding its entire team from remote, home-based offices.
HCNNY is seeking a Health Informatics Analyst to join our team. We are a data-driven organization that relies on production and analysis of information from various sources to assist members with operational and clinical quality improvement, Meaningful Use, Patient Centered Medical Home and other initiatives. HCNNY manages a centralized data solution with access to electronic health record (EHR) data across its membership allowing for both network-level aggregate reporting and analysis as well as member-specific reporting.
The primary responsibilities of the Health Informatics Analyst are the management of EHR data collection and reporting to support HCNNY initiatives, and coordination and support of a centralized learning management solution offered to members. The Health Informatics Analyst reports to the Project Director and works closely with this position and other team members to plan and execute effective stakeholder engagement with a foundation of reliable and actionable information. This position will provide direct support to health centers in data collection, monitoring the completeness and accuracy of reported data, and ensuring compliance with process and outcome measure definitions under the HCNNY quality initiatives, including all grants and contracts. Many of the specific duties of this position are detailed below.
Quality Improvement Reporting
- Generate Quality Improvement reports on a monthly basis, monitor and resolve connectivity issues, validate report criteria, and create reporting package.
- Participate in developing reports and/or documentation for dissemination and publication.
- Serve as the in-house expert for the quality report use, configuration and mapping.
- Provide technical assistance for health center participant reporting staff.
- Demonstrate an understanding of reporting requirements for all grants and contracts and work with the Project Director and Clinical Quality Improvement Coordinator to understand role of reporting.
- Participate in developing reports for all HCNNY grants and contracts by providing the data and written narrative needed for reporting on outcome objectives being monitored/evaluated.
Meaningful Use Dashboard Reporting
- Download EHR Meaningful Use reports, manipulate files using Microsoft Access and Excel, and create participant reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist with configuring providers.
- Provide technical assistance for health center participants to generate on demand dashboards and vendor configuration requirements.
Develop and Provide ad-hoc Reports
- Create ad-hoc reports using BridgeIT, eClinicalWorks EHR, Tableau and other software for HCNNY and participating health centers.
- Serve as the in-house expert for Tableau.
- Work collaboratively with HCNNY staff in communicating new reports and changes.
- Support team by supplying data reports and trend information when requested.
- Maintain participant BridgeIT reporting staff contact list.
Serve as a Technical Assistance Resource to Health Centers on Health Center Data Tools
- Provide basic and intermediate BridgeIT training for participants.
- Provide technical assistance for participating health centers reporting staff for running existing BridgeIT reports and creating new reports.
- Maintain knowledge of the Uniform Data Set (UDS) for health centers.
- Identify and maintain knowledge of state and national benchmark databases including HEDIS.
Learning Management Application Support
- Support the Learning Management application by managing network level content and coordinate shared peer content review, approval and upload.
- Maintain knowledge of learning management application.
Coordinate the Collection of Health Center EHR Data for the statewide data warehouse.
- Monitor and support the daily Center for Primary Care Informatics (CPCI) data extraction. Work with vendors to resolve issues and add additional tables to the extraction upon request.
- Serve as the in-house expert for the CPCI software for use, configuration and mapping; attend at CPCI trainings to learn and maintain knowledge of systems.
- Serve as the liaison for data collection and reporting between HCNNY, vendors, and CPCI participants.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of college in data analytics, informatics, data management, preferably working with health data. Master’s preferred.
- Experience with clinical quality improvement and outcome measurement in the primary care setting.
- Experience in working on a team and delivering critical data summaries or reports necessary for planning and improvement of processes.
- Experience in working with multiple entities to collect data and produce reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in collecting, editing, analyzing and charting numerical data.
- Understanding of data concepts.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with software in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advance computer skills with experience with Excel Pivot tables, SQL and database software are essential.
- Strong data management and organization skills.
- Attention to completeness, accuracy, and detail.
- Ability to think critically and use independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and vision to organize data in meaningful presentation formats to deliver key messages.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability in a home office environment, organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently and adapt to changes in project requirements and/or the work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other staff, health center staff, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Awareness of the needs of medically underserved populations, demonstrate cultural competence, and shows interest in learning about community-based primary health care systems.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating fluency in English.
Work Environment (includes physical requirements):
- Work will be performed in the home office environment with some travel to participating health centers and events.
- Position requires extensive use of a computer.
- Communication will be by phone, in person, via e-mail and social media.
- Responsibilities will include travel within and outside of New York and flexibility with hours.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push or pull materials up to 20 lbs. on occasion, particularly when setting up for events.
This job description reflects management’s assessment of the functions and requirements of the job. It is a general guideline and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job elements. It does not restrict management’s ability to reassign or change responsibilities.
Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
HCNNY offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. HCNNY is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Data