Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center
Position Title: Chief Medical Officer
6200 Beach Channel Drive
Arverne, NY 1169*2
Contact Name: Aurelio Gooden, HR Director
Contact Phone: 7189457150
Contact Fax: 7186636136
CHCANYS Member Info: Non – Member
Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center, Inc.
TITLE: Chief Medical Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports :
All Medical Staff and Corporate Compliance Officer
To establish, implement and maintain the highest standards of professional medical care for the patients of the Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center. To provide the medical leadership in identifying and implementing ambulatory care services, which are effective and efficient, to meet the needs of the Center’s patient population.
1. In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, the Medical Director develops and implements Centers’ Health Care Plan. This includes planning, organizing and direction activities that are geared to promote health, prevent illness and allow early diagnosis and treatment.
2. Participated in overall program planning to ensure coordination and integration of all clinical services (Mental Health, WIC, etc.)
3. Recruits, recommends, employment and retention, supervises and evaluates the performance of all medical personnel (including internists, pediatricians, family practitioners, dentists, podiatrists, psychiatrists, optometrists and medical specialists).
4. Supervises ancillary medical staff (laboratory technician, pharmacist, etc.) and monitors medical supplies, services and equipment.
5. Establishes and supervises the scheduling of medical personnel.
6. Supervises and coordinates the in-service training programs for clinical staff, and conducts regular meetings of the clinical providers.
7. Establishes and maintains medical protocols for all areas of medical practice.
8. Institutes procedure for on-going chart review, medical care review, and professional standards, ethics and overall quality assurance program.
9. Establishes procedures to meet medical/legal requirements and ensure proper adherence to those requirements, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer
10. Establishes and modifies, as necessary, policies and procedures for the medical department, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer.
11. Interprets clinical data, monitors patient utilization and medical staffs’ productivity to ensure patient access to medical services.
12. Establishes and coordinates services with other medical facilities (particularly with back-up institution) to ensure the continuity of care of the Addabbo Family Health Center patients.
13. Will directly treat patients as duties will allow.
14. Submits periodic reports regarding the medical services to Executive Director as requested.
15. Attends Board of Directors meetings and community meetings at the request of the Chief Executive Officer.
16. May be required to perform other duties as assigned or when necessary. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
1. Graduate of an accredited Medical School.
2. Must be licensed to practice in New York State.
3. Board eligible in Primary Care Specialty; Board Certification preferred.
5. Experienced in Community Health Care Center or other community oriented ambulatory health care setting.
Compensation Type: Salary
Travel Desired: Some Travel
Job Type: Administration_Management